Last year, the 2nd Asian Apprenticeship Awards took place to continue raising the profile of apprenticeships within the underserved British Asian community following a shocking statistic that British Asians represented 4.1% of the overall apprenticeship uptake in 2015/16.
The purpose of the awards was to address the stigma attached within British Asian communities about apprenticeships by celebrating the very best apprentices, learning providers and employers across several sectors. This year, the awards has retained support from the Education and Skills Funding Agency, WorldSkills UK, CBI, NOCN, Birmingham Metropolitan College, ICQ, Dudley College and other leading organisations with the skills sector.
The awards will be held again this year on the 29th November 2018 at Edgbaston Stadium in Birmingham. Below is a video with highlights of 2017.
How to nominate.
Nominations are now open for the following categories:
- Finance, legal and professional services (Sponsored by Birmingham Metropolitan College)
- Retail, hospitality and tourism (Sponsored by I-Can Qualifications)
- Health, medical and social care
- Charity, voluntary organisations and public services
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Construction (Sponsored by Dudley College)
- Creative and digital
- Transport and logistics
- SME of the year (Sponsored by Severn Trent Water)
- Large business of the year (Sponsored by NOCN)
- Learning provider of the year (Sponsored by AELP)
You can nominate an apprentice, employer or learning provider.
To nominate, click here.
DEADLINE – 31st July 2018
If you have any questions, feel free to email Project Director Isa Mutlib on email@example.com or call 0121 707 0550