Click here to apply
Are you looking for a new role in which you can help make a difference to the lives of Manchester people?
Manchester City Council (MCC) have an exciting new opportunity for a Higher Level Apprenticeship leading to a Work and Skills Officer position. Part of the requirement of the role is complete a Level 4 Apprenticeship in Associate Project Management, alongside developing a range of practical skills and experience as part of a development plan which will lead to a permanent post upon successful completion.
Applications will only be considered from people permanently resident within the boundaries of the City of Manchester.
Appointment to this role will be at Grade 5 (£20,661 – £23,398) with progression to Grade 7 (£28,485 – £31,601) on completion of the apprenticeship.
Applicants will need to either have a level 3 qualification (3 ‘A’ Levels or equivalent), or alternatively significant work experience which demonstrates their ability to undertake a level 4 apprenticeship.
Applicants will also need GCSE English and Maths Grade A-C (4-9), or the ability to complete to this level during the apprenticeship. Maths and English skills will be assessed as part of the successful applicants acceptance on to the apprenticeship programme.
Manchester is the fastest growing city in the UK, with an expected 43,000 new jobs being created in the next 10 years. The Work and Skills team has a central role in ensuring that Manchester residents directly benefit from these opportunities. As a Work and Skills Officer you will develop and manage a range of projects and activities which will deliver positive outcomes around employment and skills, employer engagement, and business support. Some examples of current areas of work include:
- Working with schools and colleges to promote apprenticeship opportunities, and developing activities for young people who are not in education or work
- Leading on activity to support disabled people into skills provision and employment
- Developing and managing a project which offers young people a paid 3 month work placement
- Working closely with small to large employers across Manchester to develop work placements and work experience opportunities
- Managing a service which supports individuals who want to start their own business
- Working with Voluntary and Community groups across the city to link residents to opportunities
- Mapping availability of support services and identifying funding opportunities to fill them and pilot new activity
You will work with a wide range of services and organisations across Manchester, creating partnerships and raising the profile of work and skills activity.
The successful candidate will be passionate about Manchester and take pride in the city and its people. They will embrace working in a busy, dynamic and proactive team, and be driven by delivering the best outcomes for Manchester.
MCC are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation