Applying for an Apprenticeship might seem like a daunting task, but here at the Hub we want to make it as simple as possible. We are going to show you exactly what the application process looks like so there will be no surprises once you get started. We’ve even included a step-by-step explanation – follow this and you’ll soon be on your way to becoming an apprentice!
Some things to have ready before you start:
- Examples of work experience, such as a CV
- Details about your education including qualifications
- Also consider your strengths, hobbies and areas of interest
How to apply:
- Go to: gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
- Select ‘Create an Account’. Here you will be asked to register your personal information, including name, DOB, email address, phone number and address, and create your log in details.
- You will then be sent an activation code to the email address you provided, enter this to activate your account.
- If you haven’t been logged in automatically, you will now be able to log in.
- Once logged in, select ‘My applications’ and then ‘Find an apprenticeship’.
- You will be able to search for an apprenticeship using keywords, reference number, location and apprenticeship level.
- Your search results page will then appear, if you would like to filter the results further, select the Browse tab to search by Sector categories.
- Select the apprenticeship you are interested in. Here you will be given a summary of the apprenticeship and key details including wage, hours and closing date.
- When you are ready to apply just click ‘Apply for apprenticeship’.
- You will see ‘Your details’ are automatically entered, check these are correct and if not update these in ‘Settings’.
- You will then need to add your education details, qualifications and any work experience and/or training courses.
- Next you will need to answer 3 questions:
- What are your main strengths?
- What skills would you like to improve during this apprenticeship?
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- Some employers, but not all, may choose to add two additional questions at this point. For example: What attracted you to this role?
- Once you have completed all the sections, click ‘Save and continue’. You will then be given the opportunity to check your application over before selecting ‘Submit’.